Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Thanks to Our Sponsors

One thing I’m feeling very confident about heading in to Rolex Kentucky is our preparation. I’ve put the horses on a new feed from Purina called Super Sport, which helps keep the energy levels up with all the hard work they’re doing. With the high grain diet required for all this energy, combined with travel and competition stress, ulcers can be a concern, so we have them all on Smart Gut from Smartpak, which is a feed additive that definitely helps with their digestion. 

I’ve also partnered with Stuebben and it’s been a wonderful experience riding in their saddles; I get a great, secure feel and the horses’ backs feel good. We’ve been training and competing in the Majyk Equipe show jumping and cross-country boots and I’m happy to say the horses’ legs have been well protected throughout the year.

We are extremely lucky to be preparing the horses on Attwood footing. Galloping on Will Faudree’s track, training at Stable View over the winter in Aiken, and now at home at Windurra, the footing is great for the horses’ legs. 

The horses and I are also well dressed: I’ve been looking very fashionable in my Ariat apparel and feel well protected with my Charles Owen helmet and body protector. Shires kept the horses warm and toasty through the cold winter and they’re in good condition with nice shiny coats.

When you're browsing the spectacular trade fair at Rolex Kentucky, be sure to look up our sponsors and thank them for supporting eventing, and take the opportunity to pick up some of their excellent products.

-Boyd

No comments:

Post a Comment